List of political parties in France
France has a multi-party system, which means that several political parties must form coalitions in order to form a government. This is because it would be very difficult for any one party to win a majority of seats in the French National Assembly. Since the 1980s, there have been two major coalitions; one is a collection of right-wing parties and the other is a collection of left-wing parties.
National Rally (Rassemblement National; RN): nationalism, conservatism, euro-scepticism.
The Republicans (Les Républicains; LR) - Promotes conservatism, liberal-conservatism, libertarianism and nationalism. Replaced the Union for a Popular Movement (Union pour un mouvement populaire) in 2015.
Royal Alliance (Alliance Royale)
Nouvelle Action Royaliste
Democratic rally (Rassemblement démocrate)
Worker's Communist Party of France (Parti Communiste des Ouvriers de France)
Independent Worker's Party (Parti ouvrier indépendant) - Trotskyist
Pole of Communist Rebirth in France (Pôle de Renaissance Communiste en France)
Pirate Party (Parti Pirate)
- Abertzaleen Batasuna - Basque nationalist
- Alsace d'abord (In English:Alsace First) - Alsace nationalist
- Savoyan League (Ligue savoisienne) - Savoy nationalist
- Breton Democratic Union (Union Démocratique Bretonne) - Breton nationalism
- Party of the Corsican Nation (U Partitu di a Nazione Corsa) - Corsican nationalism
- Corsica Libera - Corsican nationalism