Renton is a city in King County, Washington, United States. It is 13 miles (21 km) southeast of Seattle, Washington. Renton is on the southeast shore of Lake Washington. At the 2000 census, 50,052 people lived there. As of April 1, 2008, there were about 78,780 people. The number of people increased a lot because of the addition of the Benson Hill communities directly southeast of the city. According to the data from the Office of Financial Management, Renton is the 11th largest city in Washington, and 5th largest in King County.
|• Mayor||Denis Law|
|• Total||23.54 sq mi (60.97 km2)|
|• Land||23.12 sq mi (59.88 km2)|
|• Water||0.42 sq mi (1.09 km2)|
|Elevation||46–410 ft (14–125 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Rank||US: 304th|
|• Density||3,932.8/sq mi (1,518.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1512599|
- Jimi Hendrix, famous musician, buried in the city's Greenwood cemetery since 1970.
- Ann Rule, the true crime novelist currently resides in Renton.
- Sean Kinney, drummer of Alice In Chains grew up in Renton.
- Bonnie Guitar, singer in the 50's and 60's, gave singing lessons as Bonnie Tutmarc, in the early 50's.
- Tim Lincecum, famous Major League Baseball pitcher for the San Francisco Giants grew up in Renton, and attended Liberty HS.
- Brandon Roy, NBA basketball player for the Portland Trail Blazers, resides in Renton.
- Jamal Crawford, NBA player for the Golden State Warriors, has a home in Renton and resides there during the off-season.
- Kristina Horner, Eia Waltzer, Brittany Vahlberg, and Nick Horner, members of the wizard rock group The Parselmouths
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on October 19, 2016. Retrieved June 13, 2016.
- "Renton". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- , additional text.
-  Archived 2008-10-07 at the Wayback Machine, additional text.
-  Archived 2011-09-02 at the Wayback Machine, additional text.
- JIMI HENDRIX MEMORIAL :: jimihendrixmemorial.com
- Part V - The stories this bike could tell - Behind The Blazers Beat - The Oregonian - OregonLive.com
- Part VI - What do you get an NBA star for his birthday? - Behind The Blazers Beat - The Oregonian - OregonLive.com