Richard Charles Nicholas Branson
18 July 1950
|Net worth||US$4.2 billion (2021)|
He is the chairman of the Virgin Group, a group of companies including Virgin Atlantic Airways and Virgin Records. Branson started Virgin people, a private company that is trying to get people in space. According to Forbes, Branson was the 245th richest person in the world in 2008.
On 11 July 2021, Branson flew to space, reaching a peak altitude of 53.5 miles (86.1 km) as part of a test flight for his company, Virgin Galactic. The mission lasted approximately one hour.
Education and careerEdit
Richard Branson did not attend college. Branson started his career by setting up a mail order record business. He opened a chain of record stores called Virgin Records later known as Virgin Megastores in the year 1972.
His mother was activist Eve Branson. Branson has been diagnosed with Dyslexia and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. He lives on an island called Necker, he owns this island in the Caribbean.
- "#1 Richard Branson". Forbes. Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- #245 Richard Branson. Forbes. Accessed 23 August 2008.
- "Here are just some of Richard Branson's near-death experiences ahead of his first space flight".
- "Richard Branson News - TRT World".
- "Richard Branson successfully completes flight to space with Virgin Galactic". The Independent. 2021-07-11. Retrieved 2021-07-11.
- "Billionaire Richard Branson reaches space in his own ship". AP NEWS. 2021-07-11. Retrieved 2021-07-11.
- "Virgin Galactic: Sir Richard Branson rockets to the edge of space". BBC News. 11 July 2021.
- "Virgin Galactic will launch billionaire Richard Branson into space today. Here's how to watch it live". Space.com. 11 July 2021.
- "He started out with a record company in 1970. Now Richard Branson is launching rockets into space".
- "Did Richard Branson Go to College?". 10 August 2020.
- ADHD isn't just for kids