Rotten Tomatoes is a website dedicated to reviews, information, and news of movies. The name derives from the vaudeville-era cliché of throwing tomatoes and other products at stage performers if a performance was particularly bad. The company has been owned by Flixster, a Warner Bros. company, since May 2011.
Type of site
|Film review aggregator and forum|
|Created by||Senh Duong|
|Alexa rank||748 (February 2013[update])|
Rotten Tomatoes was launched on August 12, 1998, as a spare time project by Senh Duong. His goal in creating Rotten Tomatoes was "to create a site where people can get access to reviews from a variety of critics in the US".
- "Warner Bros. – press release". Cision Wire. Retrieved 2011-05-04.
- "Rottentomatoes.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- Matt Atchity on The Young Turks Show
- Lazarus, David (April 26, 2001). "Fresh Look For Rotten Tomatoes / Help from college buddies elevates movie-rating Web site beyond hobby status". San Francisco Chronicle. Sfgate.com. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- "Senh Duong interview, 2000". Asianconnections.com. August 19, 1999. Retrieved 2009-12-04.