Royal Observatory, Greenwich
He was to "apply himself with the most exact care and diligence to the rectifying of the tables of the motions of the heavens, and the places of the fixed stars, so as to find out the so much desired longitude of places for the perfecting of the art of navigation".
The Greenwich Meridian runs through the site of the Observatory. It is the line at which the longitude is defined as 0°.
- HM Nautical Almanac Office
- The Royal Observatory, Greenwich
- Aerial View of The Royal Observatory, Greenwich at Google Maps
- The National Maritime Museum
- The RGO at Herstmonceux
- The Observatory Science Centre
- Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes