country on the Caribbean island of Saint Martin, part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
(Redirected from Saint Martin (Netherlands))
Sint Maarten (or Saint Martin) is a country that is part of the Netherlands. It is on the southern half of the island of St. Martin in the Caribbean.
"Semper progrediens" (Latin)
(English: "Always progressing")
|Anthem: "O Sweet Saint Martin's Land"|
|Sovereign state||Kingdom of the Netherlands|
|Before separation||Netherlands Antilles|
|Country status||10 October 2010|
18°02′N 63°03′W / 18.033°N 63.050°W
|Largest city||Lower Prince's Quarter|
|Government||Parliamentary representative democracy within a constitutional monarchy|
|Legislature||Estates of Sint Maarten|
|34 km2 (13 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||383 m (1,257 ft)|
• 1 January 2019 estimate
|1,221/km2 (3,162.4/sq mi) (10th)|
|GDP (PPP)||2014 estimate|
• Per capita
|Currency||Netherlands Antillean guilder (ANG)|
|Time zone||UTC-4:00 (AST)|
|Mains electricity||120 V–60 Hz|
|ISO 3166 code|
The Island area of St. Martin (Dutch: Eilandgebied Sint Maarten) was part of the Netherlands Antilles, until the Antilles was dissolved in October 2010, when Sint Maarten became a "country" ("land") within the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The Government of the Netherlands is responsible for defence, foreign affairs and nationality law. Although part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the territory of Sint Maarten is not part of the European Union; however, its people are citizens of the European Union.
- ↑ "Consitution of Sint Maarten". www.sintmaartengov.org. Government of Sint Maarten. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Waaruit bestaat het Koninkrijk der Nederlanden? - Rijksoverheid.nl". 19 May 2015.
- ↑ "The World Factbook — Central Intelligence Agency". Cia.gov. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- ↑ GDP – per capita (PPP) Archived 2013-04-24 at the Wayback Machine, The World Factbook, Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on 7 April 2018.
- ↑ "CIA World Factbook – Sint Maarten". Archived from the original on 28 December 2019. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- ↑ "Antilliaanse gulden wordt aangehouden in 2012". dushi-curacao.info (in Dutch). 14 September 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- ↑ (in Dutch) Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Affairs – Bonaire, Sint Eustatius en Saba behouden LGO-status Archived 24 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine