Santa Clarita Diet
Santa Clarita Diet is an American horror-comedy web television series created by Victor Fresco. It was created for the streaming service Netflix. It stars Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant. The series premiered on February 3, 2017 with the first season. It has received generally positive reviews, with critics praising the cast and premise, but criticizing the number of graphic scenes. The second season was announced on March 29, 2017 and premiered on March 23, 2018. The series was cancelled on March 29, 2019 after the third season.
Joel and Sheila Hammond are real estate agents in Santa Clarita, California. The couple face a series of harsh events when Sheila has a physical transformation into a zombie and starts craving human flesh after eating clams. With Joel and the family trying to help Sheila, they have to deal with neighbors, cultural norms and getting to the bottom of a potentially mythological mystery.
- Nellie Andreeva. "Drew Barrymore & Timothy Olyphant To Star In 'Santa Clarita Diet' Netflix Series". Deadline.
- Lesley Goldberg. "Drew Barrymore, Timothy Olyphant to Star in Netflix Comedy Series 'Santa Clarita Diet'". Hollywood Reporter.
- Abrams, Natalie (November 28, 2016). "Netflix sets premiere for Drew Barrymore comedy Santa Clarita Diet — exclusive". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 28, 2016.
- Elizabeth Wagmeister. "Drew Barrymore & Timothy Olyphant to Star in Netflix Comedy Series 'Santa Clarita Diet'". Variety.
- Nellie Andreeva. "Drew Barrymore Comedy 'Santa Clarita Diet' Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix". Deadline.
- "Get back on the Santa Clarita Diet next month on Netflix". EW.com. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- Respers, Lisa (February 2, 2017). "'Santa Clarita Diet' brings attention to city". CNN Entertainment.
- Harnick, Chris (January 17, 2017). "Drew Barrymore Is TV's Newest Zombie (But, Don't Call Her a Zombie)". E! Online. Retrieved January 22, 2017.