ethnic inhabitants of Scotland
|Regions with significant populations|
|English (Scottish English)
Scottish Gaelic • Scots
|Presbyterianism, Roman Catholicism, Episcopalianism; other minority groups; agnostics, deists and atheists.|
Robert Burns is the national poet of Scotland.
- "The Scottish Diaspora and Diaspora Strategy: Insights and Lessons from Ireland". Scottish Government. May 2009. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- Table 2: Ethnic Groups, Scotland, 2001 and 2011
- American Community Survey 2008 by the US Census Bureau estimates 5,827,046 people claiming Scottish ancestry and 3,538,444 people claiming Scotch-Irish ancestry.
- Who are the Scots-Irish?
- The 2006 Canadian Census gives a total of 4,719,850 respondents stating their ethnic origin as Scottish. Many respondents may have misunderstood the question and the numerous responses for "Canadian" does not give an accurate figure for numerous groups, particularly those of British Isles origins.
- "ABS Ancestry". 2012.
- Northern Ireland#Demography
- http://www.gov.scot/Resource/Doc/285746/0087034.pdf#Page=13 http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2009/09/24095045/3
- Scottish ancestry at visitscotland.com