Sir Sean Thomas Connery (born 25 August 1930) is a Scottish actor. He has won an Academy Award, two BAFTA Awards (one of them a BAFTA Academy Fellowship Award) and three Golden Globes (including the Cecil B. DeMille Award and a Henrietta Award). He is known for his charm and good looks, which have made him very famous. He is best known for playing James Bond in several of the James Bond movies. Connery is the tallest actor to play James Bond to this day.
Connery attending the 2008 Edinburgh International Film Festival
Thomas Sean Connery
25 August 1930
|Years active||1954–2003, 2012|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Family||Neil Connery (brother)|
He was born in Fountainbridge, Edinburgh. He was born as Thomas Connery, but later added Sean as his stage name which is what most people call him. Connery was married to Diane Cilento from 1962 until they divorced in 1973. He has been married to Micheline Roquebrune since 1975. He has a son, actor Jason Connery, by Cilento.
In 1993, news that Connery was undergoing radiation treatment for an undisclosed throat ailment sparked media reports that the actor was suffering from throat cancer following years of heavy smoking, and he was falsely declared dead by the Japanese and South African news agencies. In 2008, he chipped a bone in his shoulder after falling while playing golf. In October 2009, he told Wine Spectator magazine that he has been diagnosed with a heart condition.
- Dr. No (1962)
- From Russia with Love (1963)
- Goldfinger (1964)
- Thunderball (1965)
- You Only Live Twice (1967)
- Diamonds are forever (1971)
- Murder on the Orient Express (1974)
- Never Say Never Again (1983)
- The Name of the Rose (1986)
- Highlander (1986)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
- The Hunt For Red October (1990)
- First Knight (1995)
- Dragonheart (1996)
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)
- Sean Connery trivia at WDW.com
- James Bond Height Chart at Klast.net
- "Heart patient Sean Connery refuses to give up red wine". Thaindian.com. 11 October 2009. Retrieved 18 June 2010.