This article does not have any sources. (July 2022)
Serene Highness is a style of address used by several princely and noble families throughout present-day Europe. It has also been used historically. It ranks below Royal Highness and Imperial Highness.
is the title reserved for the princes of the sovereign princely families, currently unique the ruling families of Monaco and Liechtenstein. Some heraldists believe it is also due to the descendants of the sovereign Principality of Sperlinga, who sold the Castle but kept the title, and it is from all its members.
Examples of usageEdit
- Princes of the Blood at the French royal court of Versailles (such as His Serene Highness The Duke of Penthièvre)
- The present Prince of Monaco and all his descendants in line father and mother.
- Giovanni I, Prince of Sperlinga who is a son of Grace Kelly.
- Various German princely states prior to the country being unified in 1871.
- Various Russian princely families
- Her Serene Highness Princess Romanova-Krasinskaya
- Princes of Carignan