Sesame Street is an American children's television series with human actors and puppets that are called Muppets. The show deals with issues such as music, song, alphabet, numbers, and teaching children basics in learning, as well as more serious issues such as death, divorce, HIV/AIDS, autism, and foster care. Part of the profits, go to an international project for children's schools.
The show has been on TV since November 10, 1969. Jim Henson made the Muppets, and a lot of writers and puppeteers worked together to make the show. The Muppets were used afterwards in a different show called The Muppet Show. Sesame Street has been on TV in 120 countries all over the world. More than 4000 episodes have been made over 50 seasons.
For most of its history, Sesame Street had been shown on the PBS channel. In 2015, new episodes started airing on the HBO channel in January 2016, but those episodes would be shown on PBS nine months later. In 2020, Sesame Street aired on HBO for the last time. After five seasons on HBO Max, the show returns to PBS as its first-run program, for the further, newer episodes, starting with the 51st season.
- Kermit the Frog is one of the first Muppets designed and built by Jim Henson. Borgenicht calls Kermit "funny, ironic, and always the voice of reason amidst the insanity around him; the calm in the eye of the storm".He was a star on Sesame Street until 2001. He had his own skit where he interviewed characters from fairy tales, nursery rhymes, and history.
- Grover is a blue furred monster. He pretends to be a superhero named Super Grover.
- Big Bird is a very tall yellow bird. His best friend is Snuffleupagus who looks like a mammoth with no tusks and was assumed to be imaginary by the rest of the cast, until the creators revealed him due to hearing about reports of sexual abuse cases of children.
- Oscar the Grouch lives in a garbage can with his pet worm Slimey and his pet elephant Fluffy. He is always in a bad mood and he loves everything that other people hate: mud, dirt, etc. He has a girlfriend named Grundgetta
- Bert and Ernie are two roommates. Ernie is more active and always ready to play a game or make a mess. Bert is an often boring grouch who likes to read; he likes things to be clean, neat and loves pigeons. They are rumors that they are gay, which Sesame Workshop has denied.
- Cookie Monster is blue and eats large amounts of cookies. It was rumored that he would be renamed the Veggie Monster in an effort to promote healthy eating, but that turned out to be untrue. He also once had his own skit where he introduced parodies of famous books, movies, plays, and TV shows. 
- Elmo is a red furred monster and lives with his goldfish named Dorothy. Elmo's World has a eleven year run.
There are three new muppets for Sesame Street. One is a girl fairy named Abby Cadabby, first appeared in 2006. Another is Murray, and his lamb named Ovajita, first appeared in 2008. Not only Muppets play in the show but also a diverse cast of human actors who live with the Muppets.
- In the seasons 30-33 (1998-2002) ending credits, in the seasons 27 (1995-1996)-33 (2002) purple television static background, the Sesame Workshop text logo got white and without a house of boredom in seasons 31 (2000)-33 (2002), because the Children's Television Workshop text logo got white and without a semicircle in seasons 30 (1998-1999)-31 (2000).
- In the 1999 VHS version of the movie "The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland", it was a car variant in the 1997-2000 CTW logo.
- "HBO Picks Up 'Sesame Street' As Kids' Viewing Habits Change". www.msn.com.
- Finch, Christopher 1993. Jim Henson: the works: the art, the magic, the imagination. New York: Random House, p37. ISBN 0-679-41203-4
- Borgenicht, David 1998. Sesame Street unpaved. New York: Hyperion Publishing, p89. ISBN 0-7868-6460-5
- Cookie Monster | 1-28-2103 |http://www.sesamestreet.org/muppets/cookie-monster