Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr.
October 20, 1971
Long Beach, California, U.S.
|Organization||Snoop Youth Football League|
(m. 1997; div. 2004)
|Relatives||Brandy Norwood (cousin)|
Ray J (cousin)
Sasha Banks (cousin)
Daz Dillinger (cousin)
Nate Dogg (cousin)
In 2012, Snoop Dogg went to Jamaica. He studied the Rastafari movement. He changed his name to Snoop Lion, after the Lion of Judah. This is a name from the tribe of Judah. It is sometimes used to describe Haile Selassie, who is worshipped by Rastafarians. His 2013 album, Reincarnated, is his first reggae music album.
- Earlier in his career he frequently referenced himself as "Snoop Rock" and "Snoop Doggy Dogg". Other variants of names he has released music under include "Snoop", "Snoop Rock", "DJ Snoopadelic", "Snoopzilla", "Snoop Lion", and "Bigg Snoop Dogg".
- "The Rise of Niggarachi - XXL". XXL Mag.
- "GGN NEWS". wired.
- Chris Jericho. TIJ – EP168 – Sasha Banks
- "Biography" Archived 2017-06-19 at the Wayback Machine June 24, 2017.
- Michael Walsh (July 31, 2012). "Snoop Dogg evolves into Snoop Lion, claims he is Bob Marley reincarnated". New York Daily News website. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Data from Wikidata|