Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
|Star Wars: Episode III -|
Revenge of the Sith
|Directed by||George Lucas|
|Written by||George Lucas|
|Produced by||Rick McCallum|
|Edited by||Roger Barton|
|Music by||John Williams|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|May 19, 2005 (USA)|
Three years on from the previous movie, the Republic's army of Jedi and clone troopers are still at war with the Separatist Droid Army. Chancellor Palpatine has been captured by the Separatists and is being held aboard their spaceship. Two Jedi, Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi arrive on the battleship and manage to rescue Palpatine. They kill Count Dooku but the leader of the battle droids, General Grievous, escapes.
Arriving back at the Republic capital, Anakin reunites with his wife, Padmé, who is pregnant. However, he has nightmares that she will die in childbirth and begins to seek ways to stop that from happening. Obi-Wan is sent on a mission to find and kill General Grievous. Anakin begins asking his friend, Chancellor Palpatine for advice.
Palpatine reveals to Anakin that he is a Sith (evil Jedi). Anakin finds out that Palpatine is in fact the true leader of the Separatists and has been using the war to get more power. Anakin tells Mace Windu, who goes to arrest Palpatine. However, Palpatine uses his Sith powers to kill Windu. Palpatine promises to help Anakin save Padmé from death. Anakin agrees to join the Sith and is renamed Darth Vader.
Palpatine sends Vader to the Jedi Temple to murder all of the Jedi inside. Across the galaxy, all of the Republic's clone soldiers suddenly betray their Jedi Generals and kill them. This is because the clone troopers are actually under the control of Palpatine. Within minutes, all of the Jedi are dead, except for Yoda and Obi-Wan.
Vader travels to Mustafar, where he assassinates the Separatist leaders. While he does this, Palpatine makes a speech to the Galactic Senate where he announces the Republic and Separatists will unite into the Galactic Empire. Obi-Wan and Padmé find Anakin on Mustafar. Obi-Wan and Anakin fight each other and Obi-Wan cuts off Anakin's limbs. Obi-Wan leaves Anakin scarred and burnt by the lava river and assumes Anakin has died.
Padmé gives birth to twins: Luke and Leia, but dies in childbirth. Obi-Wan and Yoda agree to split up the children. Luke is sent to his aunt and uncle on Tatooine while Leia is adopted by the royal family of Alderaan. Palpatine rescues Anakin and gives him cybernetic limbs and special armour. Palpatine tells Anakin of Padmé's death and Anakin fully embraces his anger and hatred, completing his journey to the Dark Side.
- Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker
- Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Ian McDiarmid as Darth Sidious
- Natalie Portman as Senator Padmé Amidala
- Frank Oz as the voice of Yoda
- Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu
- Jimmy Smits as Senator Bail Organa
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Kenny Baker as R2-D2
- Christopher Lee as Count Dooku
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
- Matthew Wood as General Grievous
- Silas Carson as Nute Gunray
- Temuera Morrison as Commander Cody and other clone troopers
Related pages change
Other websites change
- Episode III on Wookiepedia
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith at StarWars.com
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith on IMDb
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith at AllMovie
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith at Rotten Tomatoes
- Film screenplay Archived 2007-11-29 at the Wayback Machine at MovieScriptPlace.com
- Star Wars Episode III -Revenge of the Sith at The Movie Database