Stewart Armstrong Copeland (born July 16, 1952) is an American musician and composer. He was the drummer for the British rock band "The Police". He has written music for movies and video games, and music for ballet, opera and orchestra. According to MusicRadar, Copeland's "distinctive drum sound and uniqueness of style have made him one of the most popular drummers to ever get behind a drumset."
|Birth name||Stewart Armstrong Copeland|
|Also known as||Klark Kent|
|Born||July 16, 1952|
Alexandria, Virginia, U.S.
He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of "The Police" in 2003, the Modern Drummer Hall of Fame in 2005, and the Classic Drummer Hall of Fame in 2013. In 2016, Copeland was ranked 10th on Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Drummers of All Time". He is also known for composing soundtracks for the Spyro video game series.
- Burke, Chris (April 17, 2015). "Classic Albums featuring Stewart Copeland". MusicRadar. Retrieved August 8, 2015.
- "The arresting case of The Police". BBC News. January 30, 2007. Retrieved August 8, 2015.
- "Modern Drummer's Readers Poll Archive, 1979–2014". Modern Drummer. Retrieved August 8, 2015.
- "Stewart Copeland Hall of Fame Induction". Classic Drummer. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- "100 Greatest Drummers of All Time". Rolling Stone. March 31, 2016. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- Bennett, Tara. "LEGENDARY MUSICIAN STEWART COPELAND REVISITS HIS CLASSIC VIDEO GAME SCORE FOR THE SPYRO REIGNITED TRILOGY". Syfy. Syfy Wire. Archived from the original on November 1, 2018. Retrieved November 2, 2018.