Super Mario Bros. (movie)
Super Mario Bros. is a 1993 American science fiction fantasy movie. It was produced by Jake Eberts and Roland Joffé. The movie was directed by Rocky Morton and Annabel Jankel. Super Mario Bros. was released on May 28, 1993. The movie is a loose live-action version of the 1985 Nintendo video game of the same name. The movie stars Bob Hoskins as Mario, John Leguizamo as Luigi, Dennis Hopper as King Koopa, and Samantha Mathis as Princess Daisy.
|Super Mario Bros.|
|Directed by||Rocky Morton|
|Produced by||Jake Eberts|
|Written by||Parker Bennett|
|Based on||Super Mario Bros.|
by Shigeru Miyamoto
|Narrated by||Dan Castellaneta|
|Music by||Alan Silvestri|
|Edited by||Mark Goldblatt|
|Distributed by||Buena Vista Pictures Distribution, Inc. (US)|
Entertainment Film Distributors (UK)
|May 28, 1993|
The movie was received with mainly negative reviews from critics and holds a 16% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Both Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert gave the movie two thumbs down on their television program Siskel & Ebert At the Movies. They also put the movie on their list for one of the worst films of 1993. It only made $20,915,465 of its $48 million budget.
- Bob Hoskins as Mario Mario
- John Leguizamo as Luigi Mario
- Dennis Hopper as King Koopa
- Samantha Mathis as Princess Daisy
- Fisher Stevens as Iggy
- Richard Edson as Spike
- Fiona Shaw as Lena
- Mojo Nixon as Toad
- Dana Kaminski as Daniella
- Francesca Roberts as Big Bertha
- Gianni Russo as Anthony Scapelli
- Don Lake as Sgt. Simon
- Lance Henriksen as The King
- Frank Welker as Yoshi, Goombas, and other creature voices
- Dan Castellaneta as Narrator
- "Super Mario Bros". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- "The Super Mario Bros". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- "Siskel & Ebert at the Movies: Week of June 12, 1993". TV.com. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- ""Siskel & Ebert" - Worst of '93: Plot Summary". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2014-07-26.