The conditions are very moist, and more open to light than a tropical rain forest. The lower levels of the forest have an understory. This means that, under the trees, fungi, moss, ferns, shrubs with berries grow. Lichens are common in temperate rain forests.
- Hyrcanian forests on the south side of the Caspian Sea. Shared between Iran and Azerbaijan. "Iran's Hyrcanian Forests added to UNESCO World Heritage List". Financial Tribune. 5 July 2019.
- Some forests in the Australian states of New South Wales, Victoria, and the west coast of Tasmania
- Some forests in New Zealand
- In a region called Kolchis, shared between Tukey and Georgia
- Southern Siberian rainforest
- On the Pacific coast of North America, in Alaska, British Columbia, and northern California
- Valdivian temperate rain forest, in Chile and Argentina
Related pages change
- Alaback P.B. 1991. Comparative ecology of temperate rainforests of the Americas along analogous climatic gradients. Rev. Chil. Hist. Nat. 64: 399–412.
- Floyd A. 1990. Australian Rainforests in New South Wales, Vol. 1. Surrey Beatty & Sons, Chipping Norton, NSW. ISBN 0949324302