Texas Rangers (baseball)
The Texas Rangers are an American Major League Baseball team from Arlington, Texas. The team plays in Arlington, but it also represents the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth and the surrounding area. The Rangers are part of the Western Division of Major League Baseball's American League.
|2023 Texas Rangers season|
|Established in 1961|
|Based in Arlington since 1972|
|Major league affiliations|
|Major league titles|
|World Series titles (0)||None|
|AL Pennants (2)||2011 · 2010|
|West Division titles (7)||2016 · 2015 · 2011 · 2010 · 1999 · 1998 · 1996|
|Wild card berths (1)||2012 ·|
|Owner(s)||Rangers Baseball Express, LLC (Ray Davis and Bob R. Simpson, co-chairmen)|
|General Manager||Chris Young|
Their first home field in Texas was Arlington Stadium. They built Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, later known as Globe Life Park in Arlington, next door, and tore down Arlington Stadium when they moved in to the new stadium. After the 2019 season, they left Globe Life Park for the new Globe Life Field, located across the street. Globe Life Park was then rebuilt into a football and soccer stadium.
The team began in 1961 as the Washington Senators. The Senators played poorly and had too few fans to support them. The team moved to Arlington, Texas, in 1972. They were renamed in honor of the famous state police force called the Texas Rangers. In the late 1950s and early 1960s, there had also been a minor league baseball team called the Dallas Rangers.
On October 22, 2010, the Rangers won the American League Championship Series (ALCS) for the first time. They beat the then-defending champion New York Yankees four games to two in the series. This was their first trip to the World Series, but they lost the San Francisco Giants in five games.
In 2011, the Rangers again reached the World Series, and again lost, this time to the St. Louis Cardinals.
Other websites change
- Sullivan, T.R. (December 4, 2019). "Rangers unveil 6 new uniforms for 2020". TexasRangers.com. MLB Advanced Media. Archived from the original on January 2, 2021. Retrieved December 5, 2019.
- "Texas Rangers Unveil Uniform Information For 2020". TexasRangers.com (Press release). MLB Advanced Media. December 4, 2019. Retrieved December 5, 2019.
- "Uniforms and Logos". TexasRangers.com. MLB Advanced Media. Archived from the original on January 2, 2021. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- Bloom, Barry M. (November 14, 2013). "MLB owners approve Davis as control person". MLB.com. MLB Advanced Media. Archived from the original on January 2, 2021. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- "Rangers All-Time Owners". TexasRangers.com. MLB Advanced Media. Archived from the original on January 2, 2021. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Stoddard, Ed (2010-10-23). "Rangers down Yanks to reach first World Series". reuters.com. Reuters. Retrieved 2010-10-23.