The Association for the Teaching English as a Foreign Language in Indonesia
The Association for the Teaching English as a Foreign Language in Indonesia is an academic and professional association that helps teachers of English as a Foreign Language (EFL). It is often called TEFLIN for short.
TEFLIN started in 1972 as a meeting of a small group of teachers. In 1982, it became organized as a group of these nine universities:
TEFLIN has a conference every year with papers, keynote speakers, workshops, and social events. It held its first international conference in 2003.
TEFLIN has relationships with several other language teaching associations including:
- Applied Linguistics Association of Korea
- Cambodia TESOL
- International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language
- Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization Regional Language Centre Singapore
- TESOL International Association
- Thailand TESOL (ThaiTESOL)