The Rookie (TV Series)
The Rookie is a comedic police drama made by Alexi Hawley for ABC and available on Hulu. The show is about John Nolan the oldest rookie, a man who from what it seems is a walking mid-life crisis, and three other rookies as they rank up in their career. The show will return for Season 5 on September 25, 2022.
John Nolan, a man in his forties joins the Los Angeles Police Department after suffering from a traumatic bank robbery. He and two other rookies, Lucy Chen and Jackson West participate in procedure crime such as murder, drugs, bombs, and drunk driving with the help of their TO's(training officers), Angela Lopez, Talia Bishop, and Tim Bradford. As the show furthers on some of TO's improve in the ranks and some quit. John Nolan's TO, Talia Bishop did not return for Season 2 and was since replaced with Nyla Harper for the remainder of John's rookie period. Jackson West also gets a new TO for the remainder of his rookie period after Angela Lopez gets promoted to detective, Doug Stanton, a racist bad cop who wants everyone to respect the police force and sometimes abuses his power to spread his message. In the Season 3 finale, Angela Lopez and Jackson West are kidnapped during Angela's wedding. In the Season 4 premiere, Jackson West was shot and killed after attempting to save Angela. The show afterwards continues with Nyla Harper getting a new rookie, Aaron Thorsen who was involved in a murder case but was found not guilty.
- Nathan Fillion as John Nolan, the oldest rookie and the protagonist of the series.
- Alyssa Diaz as Angela Lopez, a previous TO who is now a detective.
- Richard Jones as Wade Grey, the current watch commander and sergeant of the series who is baffled if he should retire.
- Titus Makin Jr. as Jackson West, a rookie who's dad is commander of IA(international affairs) and also very eager to join the police force as with a family of policemen. He is also gay and dates three guys during his time in the series.
- Mercedes Mason as Zoe Andersen, in Season 1 she is the watch commander but is killed late in the season after attempting to save Nolan from being killed.
- Melissa O'Neil as Lucy Chen, a rookie which after her family disregards her dreams becomes a policemen, in season 2 she and Jackson West become roommates.
- Afton Williamson as Talia Bishop, a TO who does not return for the second season and moves to U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives instead.
- Eric Winter as Tim Bradford, a TO and former veteran who in season 4 becomes junior sergeant after taking the exam to become one.
- Mekia Cox as Nyla Harper, a TO who was an undercover detective, goes back to patrol work after instances of her being involved dangerously in her daughters life to make amends and improve her life.
- Shawn Ashmore as Wesley Evers, a criminal defense lawyer who marries and impregnates Angela Lopez.
- Jenna Dewan as Bailey Nune, a firefighter who is the current girlfriend of John Nolan.
- Eliza Faria
- ↑ Hawkins, Blake (2022-08-04). "The Rookie Season 5 Release Date, Plot, Cast & News to Know". CBR. Retrieved 2022-09-15.
- ↑ July 21, Maureen Lee Lenker; EDT, 2022 at 03:27 PM. "John Nolan will become a training officer in season 5 of 'The Rookie'". EW.com. Retrieved 2022-09-15.