Thomas Fahr "Tom" Steyer (born June 27, 1957) is an American hedge fund manager, politician, philanthropist, and environmentalist. Steyer is the founder and former Co-Senior Managing Partner of Farallon Capital Management, LLC and the co-founder of Beneficial State Bank.
Thomas Fahr Steyer
June 27, 1957
|Residence||Burlingame, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Yale University (B.A.)|
Stanford University (M.B.A)
|Net worth||US$1.6 billion|
|Spouse(s)||Kathryn Ann Taylor|
In 2017, Steyer spent around $10 million for a television ad campaign advocating the impeachment of President Donald Trump and plans to spend millions more on a digital ad campaign to call for Trump's impeachment. Steyer thought about running for Governor of California in the 2018 gubernatorial election as a stance against President Trump.
- "The World's Billionaires - Thomas Steyer" Forbes. March 2013.
- Lashinsky, Adam (September 17, 2008). "California's hedge fund king". Fortune. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- Au-Yeung, Angel. "This Billionaire Is Spending More Than $10 Million Calling For Trump's Impeachment".
- "Tom Steyer still coy about whether he'll run for governor". Los Angeles Times. May 11, 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- Master, Cyra (2017-05-17). "Tom Steyer testing waters for Calif. gubernatorial bid". The Hill. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- "University Governance". Stanford University. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- Garofoli, Joe (July 9, 2019). "San Francisco billionaire Tom Steyer launches presidential campaign". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved July 9, 2019.