natural number with the value 10¹²
A trillion is an integer. It is also written as 1012. One trillion is a thousand billion or a million million in most modern English-speaking countries. The number is represented by the prefix “Tera-”.
Some examples about trillion change
- The Earth is about a trillion meters from the Moon.
- The Milky Way only has about 0.1 trillion stars.
- There are about 3 trillion trees on Earth.
- There are around 39 trillion bacteria on or in the human body.
- There are about 3.5 trillion different fishes in all the oceans of the Earth.
- A light year is about 9.5 trillion kilometers.