Turkmens are one of the main Turkic ethnic group in Central Asia, mainly in Turkmenistan, ethnic minorities in Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Afghanistan and Iran. They speak Turkmen language of the Turkic languages family. Engagement's, marriage's, and circumcisionof Boys, the so called (Sünnet) party's, are big festivals.
|c. 6 million[a]|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Mostly Sunni Islam and Alevism|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Other Turkic peoples|
The term Turkoman was also used for people who take a Turkish identity and lost there own original Background, as example in the case of the so called Balkan Turkoman Gipsys, a subgroup of the Xoraxane Roma.
- "The World Factbook". Archived from the original on 12 June 2007. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "The World Factbook". Archived from the original on 22 May 2020. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Ethnic Groups". Library of Congress Country Studies. 1997. Retrieved 2010-10-08. ^ Jump up to: a b
- Alisher Ilhamov (2002). Ethnic Atlas of Uzbekistan. Open Society Institute: Tashkent.
- Refugees, United Nations High Commissioner for. "UNHCR - The UN Refugee Agency" (PDF). www.unhcr.org.
- 2002 Russian census
- 2002 Tajikistani census (2010)
- "About number and composition population of Ukraine by data All-Ukrainian census of the population 2001". Ukraine Census 2001. State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. Retrieved 17 January 2012.