University of Maryland, College Park
The University of Maryland, College Park, often called simply the University of Maryland, is a public university in College Park, Maryland. It is the largest university in a group called the "University System of Maryland."
|Maryland Agricultural College|
Maryland State College
Fatti maschii, parole femine (unofficial)
Motto in English
|Strong deeds, gentle words|
|Established||March 6, 1856|
|University System of Maryland|
|Endowment||$355.3 million (2018)|
|Provost||Mary Ann Rankin|
|4,610 (Fall 2016)|
|5,481 (Fall 2016)|
|Students||41,200 (Fall 2018)|
|Undergraduates||30,762 (Fall 2018)|
|Postgraduates||10,438 (Fall 2018)|
|Campus||Suburban, 1,340 acres (5.4 km2)|
|Colors||Red, white, black, gold|
|NCAA Division I – Big Ten|
In 1856, the Maryland Agricultural College was chartered. Sixty years later, the state of Maryland took control of the college and renamed it Maryland State University. In 1920, it joined several professional schools in the area to become the University of Maryland. It joined the Association of American Universities in 1925.
- "Archival Attractions at the University of Maryland". Archived from the original on November 2, 2013. Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- As of June 30, 2018. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Endowment Market Value and Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2017 to FY 2018" (PDF). National Association of College and University Business Officers and Commonfund Institute. 2018. Archived (PDF) from the original on June 29, 2019. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- "Wallace D. Loh Appointed President of University of Maryland". University of Maryland, College Park. August 17, 2010. Archived from the original on August 21, 2010. Retrieved August 30, 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Employee summary" (PDF). www.irpa.umd.edu. 2018. Archived (PDF) from the original on October 5, 2016. Retrieved 2019-05-16.
- "Enrollment Data Reveal Record Growth, But Diversity Challenges". The University of Maryland Today. Archived from the original on November 3, 2018. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
- "University of Maryland Facts and Figures". UMD. University of Maryland. Archived from the original on October 22, 2018. Retrieved October 21, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Logo and Brand Standards: Office of Strategic Communications". Archived from the original on May 9, 2019. Retrieved May 9, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Maryland, College Park.|
- University of Maryland - Official website