Hello! Thank you for creating a new category. However, we normally need at least three pages in a category before it is created. Because categories are a way to group together similar articles, there is no need to create a new category for just one or two articles. If you think there might be more pages to add to the new category, please add them now. Thank you. Auntof6 (talk) 00:03, 4 June 2019 (UTC)
An editor has requested deletion of Category:Unincorporated communities in Douglas County, Kansas, an article you created. We appreciate your changes, but the nominator doesn't believe that the article meets Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion and has explained why in the nomination (see also "What Wikipedia is not").
Please comment on the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Requests for deletion/Requests/2019/Category:Unincorporated communities in Douglas County, Kansas and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
You may also change the article during the discussion to address the nominator's concerns. But you should not remove the requests for deletion template from the top of the article; such removal will not end the deletion debate. Thank you very much. Auntof6 (talk) 17:40, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
Hi, Junedude433. Thanks for your work here. Please note the following:
- In several articles, you used the heading "Links" for external links. Please use "Other websites" instead, because that is the standard here.
- Some of your settlement articles, such as Schulte, Kansas, have been overcategorized, meaning that they are in two categories where one category is a parent of the other. Please use only the lower-level of the two categories.
- Okay. I didn't know what the standard for the simplified "External Links" section was considering most articles don't have that section. I figured "Links" was good enough. I'll do that from now on. As for the categories, I'm mostly just emulating what categories the standard English Wikipedia has for each article. For the unincorporated places, they are in both the general Kansas unincorporated places category but also in their respective county's category. ~Junedude433talk 22:41, 17 June 2019 (UTC)
Commenting on requests for deletionEdit
A note about adding redlinked categories to pages: Please don't leave them as redlinked for very long. If you don't find 3 entries for a category in a short period of time, remove the category from pages. If you can find 3 entries, add them to the category and create it. Category:People from Lawrence, Kansas has more than enough entries to be created. Thanks. --Auntof6 (talk) 04:28, 22 July 2019 (UTC)
I'm looking at the wanted categories, and I'm seeing a lot of Kansas-related pages with redlinked Kansas-related categories. If you're bringing articles from enwiki, please remember to adjust the categories as needed so we have good categorization here. Thanks. --Auntof6 (talk) 09:04, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
- I will adjust them when needed. I still plan on bringing many more articles to the Simple English Wikipedia, but I'm more or less away from a computer at the moment. I won't be back properly editing until very late August, so that would be when more articles would be imported (and thus, the categories won't be an issue). I appreciate the concern - it makes me feel like someone is at least noticing my work. ~Junedude433talk 09:12, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
Towns in Kansas?Edit
I noticed that Kansas does not seem to to have any articles about towns. Since you have done a lot of work in this area I wonder if you could add something to Towns in the United States about Kansas.
- I don't think there's much to say about towns in Kansas. Kansas is fairly typical when it comes to how it categorizes towns. I can try to put something in there when I get back to a computer in a few days. Thanks for asking! ~Junedude433talk 22:32, 23 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Ottawahitech: I added info for Kansas in the article, but I'm not really sure if it truly applies. Legally, there is no such thing as a "town" in Kansas as every incorporated place is called a city. I added it, but I don't know if it should stay. I also added sections for other states, so it's still improved regardless. ~Junedude433talk 22:47, 26 August 2019 (UTC)
Hi, Junedude433. You might not have known, but on this wiki, new stub types need to be approved before being used. The stub template and category you created for economics stubs has not been approved, so I have removed the template from articles and deleted the template and category.
The guideline for new stub types is at Wikipedia:Simple Stub Project#New stubs. The place to request a new type is at Wikipedia talk:Simple Stub Project. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. --Auntof6 (talk) 07:28, 4 October 2019 (UTC)