Every now & then we get editors changing words on the basis of their ideas on what is simple. Words also have to be accurate (we are an encyclopedia).
- Big: certainly simple and popular with children, but a term almost never to be used about living things. Is a giraffe bigger than an elephant? Think about it. It is almost always better to use a more exact word, such as longer, heavier. Is a star big? Does that mean its apparent size or its intrinsic size? Ditto stars being bright.
- Rich: not a good word because it is ambiguous. A cake can be just as rich as a person. However, only a person can be wealthy, so prefer that word. Neither word is on the extended list of simple words, incidentally, so use the more precise word.
- Very: another childhood favourite. In spoken English it is an intensifier, but it has almost no function in prose. It may be the most frequent word copy editors cut out as redundant.
- Die: we all die, but species become extinct.
- Now here's the tricky bit. Technically, a species which is not extinct is extant. Extant is the opposite of extinct. However it is a very rare word, and we use the common word "living". So we talk about living species. It sounds natural, and is right for us.
- Animal: that includes jellyfish and beetles. If you mean mammals, say so.
- Rare: an essential word in ecology, and supported by definitions in the literature. Steaks can also be rare, but that would not be good to use on Simple.
Thank you for being one of Wikipedia's top medical contributors!Edit
- please help translate this message into the local language
|The Cure Award|
|In 2013 you were one of the top 300 medical editors across any language of Wikipedia. Thank you so much for helping bring free, complete, accurate, up-to-date medical information to the public. We really appreciate you and the vital work you do!|
We are wondering about the educational background of our top medical editors. Would you please complete a quick 5-question survey? (please only fill this out if you received the award)
what kind of source you need ? I am one of erina speaker. And perhap you understood erina is khowar??? no Arniya is second name name of khowar source not erina and if you dont want Erina article simply delete no need to redirect with other language. Kratie222 (talk)
Re this edit: I think notability of this album is now shown by the high rankings on some of the mudic charts. --~~
Questions about cell wallEdit
Thank you for you change my article, i have some questions about my article, can i add some information that you deleted article information at begining. Why ?
Modern Warfare - AdvertismentEdit
It wasn't advertisement. I was just informing people on MWR. I don't even work for Activision
Your block to User:Username21068Edit
Username21068 was reported to you for vandalism and you blocked him or her for 31 hours. He or she believes that his or her edits were helpful and were accused for vandalism. I think he or she is wrong.
Deletion of "ABOUT YOU"Edit
please revise the deletion of my article "ABOUT YOU". It's one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Europe and we already have a verified wikipedia article on the German wikipedia page (https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABOUT_YOU). Since we would like our German speaking customers to inform about the company, please revise the deletion. We have numerous citations from press coverage and all facts are neutral and non-advertising.
Macdonald-ross troll or not ?Edit
you have something against me? everything I write, you delete it! the Dark Universe is a franchise! what is the problem of writing a page ??? !!!
Just wanna make jokes, sorry, wish you a good day!
Article Revelation 13:18Edit
Hello saw your comments in the discussion about this article in questioning his claim of notability for wikipedia guidelines also what was misleading that point was not clear.
A new page called Baker boy was just created by 126.96.36.199. Please delete it. There is nothing good on that page. Please respond quickly
Template:Socialist Workers Party (United States)/meta/shortnameEdit
- The page was fine. Must have been an error? --IWI (talk) 11:37, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Template:Socialist Workers Party (US)/meta/shortname seems to be here. Macdonald-ross (talk) 11:48, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you, I changed the name to Socialist Workers party (US) so it fits another one. --Hellothere4 (talk) 12:13, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
- Hi. Please seek to resolve this dispute here, as the user does not agree with your revert. --IWI (talk) 12:17, 20 January 2021 (UTC)
Not living or real personsEdit
Hello bro! I have seen you have deleted some of the articles I created. Actually those are not living persons. They are the characters of the legends. And I think I have cited good references as well. I really wonder that the notice about deleting my articles have not been received in my talk page. Haoreima (talk) 05:12, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
- I see your contributions generally need evidence of WP:notability. However, many of the references do indeed mention the names you talk about. However, I do not think their mentions are adequate support for your pages as independent pages. Some of your references list hundreds of names of mythical entities. It is one thing to list them all in one place, but quite another to list them as stand-alone pages. As far as I can see, ALL your new pages lack sufficient support as stand-alone pages. A literary or mythological character is not automatically notable. Also remember that people in our culture have never heard of these characters. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that you need to understand the importance of this quality. Perhaps they could all be grouped together. As they stand, I think they lack notability. Macdonald-ross (talk) 06:34, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
Thanks for your suggestions. I will try my best to add more references. But please don't delete them. I will be elated if you give me advice in future too. Haoreima (talk) 08:48, 25 January 2021 (UTC)