|This is SHB2000's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to SHB2000.|
|Daily pageviews of User:SHB2000|
Threads older than 7 days may be archived by SassoBot.
Hi SHB2000, linking onto what Haoreima said above, it's sad to see you semi-retire. Could you show some things that the community could work on to help make simplewiki more of a friendlier place to edit? You are welcome to email me about it, or if I am part of the problem, you could show me what I could be doing better. --Ferien (talk) 23:11, 23 December 2022 (UTC)
- Hi Ferien, thanks for asking. To make it clear upfront, you're definitely not a part of the problem in any way – in fact, you're one of the few users who have been helping to tackle this issue.
- The main reason I semi-retired here was because a fair number of users think it's okay to copy content word-for-word from the English Wikipedia, then change a word here and there, and done, it's simple. What most editors don't realise is that this penalises simplewiki's search engine optimisation on Google, which is essentially why simplewiki barely makes it onto Google search results. My rationale is that if simplewiki isn't going to be read by many, then why write content at all (and if I interpret Special:Diff/8371220 correctly, that's also why Elytrian left)?
- A few steps that I may suggest:
- Try and discourage copying content from the English Wikipedia (the English Wikivoyage's proposed policy on banning content from its predecessor site Wikitravel may not necessarily work here)
- Instead of simply attributing an article when it's been mostly copied from the English Wikipedia, consider taking it to RfD – duplicate content doesn't really help
- Maybe try and address Special:Diff/8375611 (not exactly related, but that's also another reason I sorta left (a la Norsk IP))
- That should sum it all. On a lighter note, have a great Christmas and New Year and stay warm :-).
- --SHB2000 (talk) 23:37, 23 December 2022 (UTC)