|• Mayor||Arnold Leak|
|• Total||9.7 sq mi (25.2 km2)|
|• Land||9.7 sq mi (25.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||568 ft (173 m)|
|• Density||948.2/sq mi (365/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0136100|
Valley is located in the southeastern Chambers County at 32°48'40.993" North, 85°10'40.577" West (32.811387, -85.177938). According to the U.S. Census Bureau, it has a total area of 11.0 square miles (28.6 km2), all land.
It is located on the Alabama-Georgia state line.
Valley has a larger Micropolitan Statistical Area known as the "Greater Valley Area" consisting of the three largest cities of Chambers County: Valley, Lanett, and LaFayette. It also includes the city of West Point, Georgia.
It's climate usually has hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Valley has a humid subtropical climate. It is often abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps. 
As of the census of 2010, there were 9,524 people, 3,878 households, and 2,561 families living in the city. Its population density was 864 people per square mile (333.4/km2). There were 5,025 housing units at an average density of 457 per square mile (176/km2).
The median income for a household in the city was $31,501, and the median income for a family was $40,013. Males had a median income of $36,345 versus $29,905 for females. The per capita income for the city was $15,928. About 18.2% of families and 20.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 28.4% of those under age 18 and 12.9% of those age 65 or over.
Valley is served by the Columbus, Georgia Television Designated Market Area (DMA).
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Jennifer Chandler, won a gold medal in diving at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal
- Josh Evans, former NFL player
- Lemanski Hall, former NFL player
- John Copeland, former NFL player
- Bill McGhee, former player for the Philadelphia Athletics
- Marcus Pollard, former NFL player
- Mike Potts, former pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers
- K. Lee Scott, Christian composer
- Jylan Ware, NFL player
- Drew Ferguson, member of the United States House of Representatives from Georgia's 3rd congressional district
- Matt Foster, pitcher for the Chicago White Sox
- "U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: Valley city, Alabama". www.census.gov. Retrieved 2020-08-08.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Valley city, Alabama". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "Valley, Alabama Köppen Climate Classification (Weatherbase)". Weatherbase. Retrieved 2020-08-08.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved May 21, 2020.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Retrieved June 6, 2013.