Valley of the Kings
The valley is one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world. In 1979 it became a World Heritage Site, with the rest of the Theban Necropolis. Exploration, excavation and conservation continues in the valley, and a new tourist centre has recently been opened.
Geology and climateEdit
- Maspero, Gaston (1913). Manual of Egyptian Archaeology, Sixth English Edition. H. Grevel and Co. p. 182. ISBN 1-4219-4169-4.
- "Theban Mapping Project". Theban Mapping Project. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
- Siliotti, Alberto (1997). Guide to the Valley of the Kings. Barnes and Noble. p. 13. ISBN 88-8095-496-2.
- "Ancient Thebes and its necropolis". UNESCO Work Heritage Sites. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
- Sampsell, Bonnie M. 2003. A traveler's guide to the geology of Egypt. Cairo: American University Press, p78. ISBN 977-424-785-X