|Be advised that you take full responsibility for any action performed using Twinkle. You must understand Wikipedia policies and use this tool within these policies, or risk losing access to the tool or being blocked.|
Twinkle, developed by AzaToth, has its origins as a reversion script based on ideas found in Aaron Schulz's script collection. It grew quickly into a tool with many more abilities than its reversion roots and is used by thousands of Wikipedians. The collection of tools formerly known as Friendly, developed by Ioeth, is now part of Twinkle.
Customisation for SEWP has been done by User:EhJJ and User:Intforce.
- Getting started
- To enable Twinkle on your account, receiving any future updates automatically, you can simply enable the "Twinkle" gadget in the Gadgets section of your Preferences page. (Don't forget to click "Save" at the bottom of the list of gadgets!) After installing, make sure to bypass your browser cache.
- Customizing Twinkle
- To modify many aspects of Twinkle's operation, you can visit the Twinkle preferences panel. Make your changes, and click "Save changes" at the bottom of the page. Then bypass your cache so your changes take effect.
- Getting help
- There is comprehensive information about Twinkle at the documentation page. If that page does not answer your question, consider asking at the talk page. IRC users can connect to the #wikipedia-userscripts or #wikipedia-en IRC channels.
- Reporting bugs or requesting features
- Twinkle is under active development, and we generally fix bugs reasonably quickly. If you find a bug, please help out by reporting it at our GitHub repository (you will need to have a GitHub account). If you don't want to create a github account, or you have a request for a new feature that could be added to Twinkle, you can ask at the talk page.
- Twinkle does not work on Internet Explorer versions 8 or earlier. If you use Windows Vista or later, you can upgrade to Internet Explorer 9 or later, under which Twinkle will work. If you have Windows XP or earlier, try installing another browser, as Twinkle should be functional on most other modern browsers. Twinkle also works on the Android web browser as well as iOS and Nintendo Switch browsers.
Information for advanced usersEdit
To install Twinkle on a per-skin basis, you can copy the text below and paste it into the bottom of your personal script file:
Documentation and configurationEdit
Before using Twinkle, one really should read its documentation to familiarize oneself with some of the possibilities and functions of Twinkle. There are multitudes of options that one can configure to change some of the default behaviours of Twinkle.
If you have feature requests, bug reports etc. especially for SEWP, you may add a topic on the development page.
Never forget that one takes full responsibility for any action performed using Twinkle. One must understand Wikipedia policies and use this tool within these policies or risk having one's account being blocked. Anti-vandalism tools, such as Twinkle, Huggle, and rollback should not be used to undo good-faith changes in content disputes unless an appropriate edit summary is used.