Yo Gabba Gabba!
Yo Gabba Gabba! is an American-Canadian children's television show. It aired on Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. from August 20, 2007 until November 12, 2015. The program is about a colourful DJ named DJ Lance Rock, and 5 toy monsters (dubbed the Gabba Gang), who live in Gabbaland. In every episode, a band plays music and people sing and dance to it. Most of the bands are famous indie rock acts, like for instance Arcade Fire and Enon.
|Yo Gabba Gabba!|
|Created by||Christian Jacobs|
|Developed by||Kay Wilson Stallings|
|Presented by||Lance Robertson|
|Opening theme||Theme From Gabbaland|
|Ending theme||Bye Bye Time|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||66 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Michael Polis|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original network||Nickelodeon (2007-11)|
Nick Jr. (2011-15)
|Picture format||HDTV (1080i)|
|Original release||August 20, 2007 –|
November 12, 2015
The series first aired on Nick Jr. on August 20, 2007 and began airing on February 23, 2008 on Noggin. A second season aired in 2008.
- DJ Lance Rock (played by Lance Robertson), a flying DJ and creator of Gabbaland who can make the characters come to life by saying "Yo Gabba Gabba!". He is also the host. DJ Lance wears an orange hat and suit with a belt that says "ROCK".
- Muno (voiced by Adam Deibert from seasons 1-3 and Rob Paulsen in season 4), a tall, red cyclops who is very friendly and a little clumsy. His closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Foofa, and Brobee. He is the Gabba guitarist.
- Foofa (voiced by Emma Penrose), a beautiful pink flower bubble monster who is quiet and loves unicorns. Her closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Muno, and Toodee.
- Brobee (voiced by Amos Watene), an adorable, little hairy green monster who is the youngest of the Gabbas at 4 years old. He is the Gabba drummer. His closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Foofa, and Plex.
- Toodee (voiced by Erin Pearce), a two-tooth blue cat-dragon who loves to have fun and ice-skate. Her closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Foofa, and Brobee and is also the Gabba bassist.
- Plex (voiced by Christian Jacobs), a yellow magical robot who happily serves the Gabbas, but also has fun to pay off. He is the oldest and is the only Gabba Monster with no land. His closest relationships are with DJ Lance, Toodee, and Brobee. He is also the Gabba keyboardist.
- Jack Black, an actor and new friend of the Gabbas who is scared at first but then has a strong friendship with the Gabbas later.
- Jack McBrayer, a comedian who appears in the occasional segment "Knock Knock Joke of the day".
- Erykah Badu, a very frequent singer and dancer in the show.
- Fred Armisen, a rarely shown treasure hunter and crafter.
- Paul Scheer, a joker who made a brief cameo and Gabba Land and in New Friends was (along with Jack McBrayer) a member in Knock Knock Joke of the day.
- Carmen Osbahr, a puppeteer who plays Muno's Sister.
- Super Mr. Superhero (played by Mos Def), a superhero who helps protect a monster, showing that superheros can only defeat if they know they are evil.
- Drew Massey, plays Brobee Cake in the episode Birthday.
- Rob Paulsen, played as Muno in season 4 and was a guest on "Dancey Dance Time".
- Schneider, Michael (September 14, 2010). "DHX Media acquires Wildbrain". variety.com. Variety. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "OMDC Success Story: DHX Media". Ontario Media Development Corporation. Archived from the original on 2016-03-11. Retrieved 2021-05-31.
- "Nick Jr. Greenlights Second Season of Yo Gabba Gabba! and Orders 20 New Episodes of Critically Acclaimed Live-Action Preschool Music Series Archived 2009-01-11 at the Wayback Machine", PR Newswire, 18 December 2007