Yusuf al-Qaradawi (Arabic: يوسف القرضاوي Yūsuf al-Qaraḍāwī; or Yusuf al-Qardawi; born 9 September 1926) is an Egyptian-born Qatari Islamic theologian. He spent most of his life in Doha, Qatar. He is the chairman of the International Union of Muslim Scholars.
He is best known for his programme, al-Sharīʿa wa al-Ḥayāh ("Sharia and Life"), broadcast on Al Jazeera, which has an audience of 60 million worldwide. He is also well known for IslamOnline, a popular website he helped found in 1997 and for which he now serves as chief religious scholar.
- AFP (news agency) (11 May 2014). "Qatar-based cleric calls for Egypt vote boycott". Yahoo News. Archived from the original on 16 June 2014.
- No.9 Sheikh Dr Yusuf al Qaradawi, Head of the International Union of Muslim Scholars – "The 500 most influential Muslims in the world 2009", Prof John Esposito and Prof Ibrahim Kalin – Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
- Smoltczyk, Alexander (15 February 2011). "Islam's Spiritual 'Dear Abby': The Voice of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood". Der Spiegel. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Alexa site info IslamOnline.net Ranking#3880 1 March 2010". Alexa. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 11 April 2010.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Yusuf al-Qaradawi|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yusuf al-Qaradawi.|
- Official website (in Arabic)
- Works by or about Yusuf al-Qaradawi in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Al-Qaradawi's books translated into English and French
- Wolfgang G. Schwanitz: Global Mufti al-Qaradawi, Webversion 12-2010
- "Shaykh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi: Portrait of a leading Islamist cleric", Ana Belén Soage, Middle East Review of International Affairs, 12/1 (March 2008), pp. 51–65.
- "Sheikh Yūsuf al-Qaradawi: A Moderate Voice from the Muslim World?", Ana Belén Soage, '[Religion Compass, 4 (September 2010), pp. 563–575.
- Yusuf al-Qaradawi and Minorities: Learned Intolerance, Qantara.de
- Daily Assembly 14 September 2005, Mayor of London about Qardawi and Pope John XXIII, pp. 12–13, Greater London Authority