Zack Snyder's Justice League
|Zack Snyder's Justice League|
|Directed by||Zack Snyder|
|Screenplay by||Chris Terrio|
by DC Comics
|Music by||Tom Holkenborg|
|Distributed by||HBO Max|
It is a version of Justice League, the fifth movie of the DC Extended Universe (DCEU) and based on the DC Comics superhero team of the same name, as director Zack Snyder had wanted it before he left the production and Joss Whedon took over his duties.
Like the theatrical release, Zack Snyder's Justice League is about the Justice League, made up of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg as they try to save the world from the threat of Steppenwolf.
- Ben Affleck as Batman
- Henry Cavill as Superman
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
- Ezra Miller as The Flash
- Jason Momoa as Aquaman
- Ray Fisher as Cyborg
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth
- J. K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent
- Joe Morton as Salias Stone
- Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
- Harry Lennix as Gen. Calvin Swanwick / Martian Manhunter
- Amber Heard as Mera
- Ciarán Hinds as Steppenwolf
- Kiersey Clemons as Iris West
- Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke
- Connie Nielsen as Hippolyta
- Lisa Loven Kongsli as Menalippe
- Billy Crudup as Dr. Henry Allen
- Zheng Kai as Ryan Choi
- Ray Porter as Darkseid
- Peter Guiness as DeSaad
- Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko
- Jared Leto as the Joker
- Carla Gugino as Kelex (voice)
- Michael McElhatton as Terrorist bank robber
- Robin Wright as Antiope
- David Thewlis as Ares
In May 2017, Snyder stepped down during post-production following the suicide of his daughter, and Whedon took over, finishing the movie as an uncredited director. Whedon took over reshoots and other changes that added a brighter tone and more humor, and cut the runtime down to 120 minutes.
The theatrical Justice League was a commercial failure and received mixed reviews, leading Warner Bros. to focus on the future of the DCEU.
When it was revealed that the movie had a troubled production and its state before Snyder stepped down, many fans wanted to see Snyder's version of the movie. Fans and members of the cast and crew petitioned for the release of this, which they nicknamed the "Snyder Cut".
At the time, Warner Bros. had no plans to release an alternate cut, and movie industry figures regarded the release as unlikely. However, Warner Bros. changed its mind in February 2020. In May, Snyder announced that the original four-hour cut would be completed and released as Zack Snyder's Justice League by the streaming service HBO Max.
The Snyder Cut will cost $20–30 million to complete the visual effects, score, and editing with an additional $40-50 million for reshoots.
Zack Snyder's Justice League was released in March 18, 2021 on HBO Max. and the Philippines released in March 20, 2021 in HBO Go.
- "HBO Max to #ReleaseTheSnyderCut". WarnerMedia Group. Retrieved 21 May 2020.