École Centrale Paris
The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (February 2016)
École Centrale Paris (ECP; also known as École Centrale or Centrale) was a French grande école in engineering and science. It is in a campus of Chatenay-Malabry.
|Type||Public, Graduate engineering school|
48°45′57.427″N 2°17′8.277″E / 48.76595194°N 2.28563250°E
|Affiliations||Centrale Graduate School|
Its courses can lead to the following French and European degrees :
- Ingénieur Centralien de Paris (Centralien Graduate engineer Masters level program) ;
- Master of Science & PhD doctorate studies ;
- Mastères Spécialisés (MS) ;
- Massive Online Open Courses.
Courses are performed mainly in French and English languages. Students at the school come from more than 50 countries.
Most of the 2000 students at École Centrale de Paris live in dedicated housing buildings near to the research labs and metro public transport.
Admission to the "Centralien engineering Programme" at École Centrale de Paris is possible after two- or three-year scientific undergraduate studies and requires success in either:
- an admission exam for Bachelors of Sciences (2-year curriculum)
- a French nationwide selective exam with numerus clausus : concours Centrale-Supelec (3-year curriculum including at least 2 years in France)
- a selective application as per Top Industrial Managers for Europe (TIME) double degrees procedures applicable in Europe (2+2-year curriculum, including 2 years in France)
The Centralien Programme usually lasts three years and results in a Master's degree. It involves doing work in other countries. Thus undergraduate studies plus the Centralien Programme account for more than a cumulated 300 ECTS credits as applicable in the European education system.
However, graduate students enrolled in the TIME double degree procedure are required to spend two years at École Centrale de Paris and spend two years in the TIME-partner institute for a total of four years resulting in a double master's degree.
- ↑ "Financer son entreprise". Archived from the original on 2016-02-05. Retrieved 2016-02-03.
- ↑ Concours Centrale-Supelec
- ↑ "TIME double degrees". Archived from the original on 2007-10-09. Retrieved 2016-02-03.