This is the front page of the Simple English Wikipedia. Wikipedias are places where people work together to write encyclopedias in different languages. We use Simple English words and grammar here. The Simple English Wikipedia is for everyone! That includes children and adults who are learning English. There are 143,604 articles on the Simple English Wikipedia. All of the pages are free to use. They have all been published under both the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License 3.0 and the GNU Free Documentation License. You can help here! You may change these pages and make new pages. Read the help pages and other good pages to learn how to write pages here. If you need help, you may ask questions at Simple talk.
Did you know...
From a collection of Wikipedia's articles:
- ... that Leonard Cohen (pictured) wrote about eighty different drafts of the song "Hallelujah" before finalizing the original version in 1984?
- ... that Tetris has been downloaded over 170 million times, making it the best-selling video game of all time?
- ... that Martin Van Buren was the first President of the United States who was born as a citizen of the United States?
- ... that in May 2017, Puerto Rico filed for the largest government bankruptcy case in American history?
- ... that before acting, Academy Award winner Martin Landau was hired as a cartoonist for The New York Daily News when he was a teenager?