École nationale supérieure des mines de Paris
Mines ParisTech (officially École nationale supérieure des mines de Paris, English: Paris School of Mines, also known as École des mines de Paris, ENSMP, Mines Paris or les Mines) is a engineering graduate school in France. It is in a campus of the PSL Reseach University (Northern France).
|Type||Public, Graduate engineering school|
48°50′44.291″N 2°20′22.898″E / 48.84563639°N 2.33969389°E
|Affiliations||PSL Research University|
Its different curricula lead to the following French & European degrees :
- Ingénieur Mines ParisTech (Centralien Graduate engineer Masters level program)
- Master of Science & PhD
- Mastères Spécialisés
- Massive Online Open Course
Academic activities and industrial applied research are performed mainly in French and English languages. Students from a dozen of nationalities participate to the different curricula at Mines ParisTech.
Admission to the Mines ParisTech engineering Programme implemented at Mines ParisTech is possible after two/three year scientific undergraduate studies.
The Mines ParisTech Programme typically lasts three years and results in a master's degree, augmented with international experience. Thus undergraduate studies + the Mines Programme account for more than a cumulated 300 ECTS credits as applicable in the European education system.
Research activities at Mines ParisTech relate to the following topics:
- Earth sciences and environment
- Energy and processes
- Mechanical and Materials engineering
- Mathematics and systems
- Economics, management, society
- Georges Charpak, French physicist
- Luc Oursel, French businessman
- Alain Poher, French politician
- ↑ (in English)MINES ParisTech Archived 2017-10-08 at the Wayback Machine
- ↑ (in French)MINES ParisTech