country code top-level domain for Singapore
.sg is the country top level domain for Singapore (ccTLD). It started in 1988. It is managed by the Singapore Network Information Centre (SGNIC). It is only for residents of Singapore. However, there are some second-level domains that have more rules when registering.
|TLD type||Country code top-level domain|
|Intended use||Entities connected with Singapore|
|Actual use||Popular in Singapore|
|Registered domains||190,026 (Apr 2021)|
|Registration restrictions||Singapore presence required; third-level names have various restrictions depending on which second level label they are under|
|Structure||Registrations are taken at the third level beneath generic categories, or directly at the second level; special .idn.sg category exists for internationalized domain names|
|Documents||Policies and agreements|
|Dispute policies||"Singapore Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2004-09-21.|
- .com.sg - For commercial use.
- .net.sg - Network providers.
- .org.sg - Registered organisations of Singapore.
- .gov.sg - Government agencies.
- .edu.sg - Schools and education institutions.
- .per.sg - For personal use only.
- .idn.sg - For domain names with Chinese and Indian words in them.
- ↑ "Registration Statistics". SGNIC PTE Ltd. Retrieved 10 May 2021.