1993 World Trade Center bombing
The 1993 World Trade Center bombing happened on February 26, 1993 in the bottom section of the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York City. Six people were killed, including a woman who was 7 months pregnant. About 1,042 people were injured. The plan was to use bomb trucks parked in the parking lot of the bottom of the North Tower. The main leader of the small group sent to destroy the buildings hoped that once the North Tower fell they would later see it collapse to hit the South Tower.
The main leader of the small group was Ramzi Yousef. The group wanted to destroy the building because many Jews worked in it. Their leader Osama bin Laden was not happy to see the buildings were not destroyed, so he wanted another attack on the same building. The result would be the September 11 attacks.
- "The World Trade Center Bombing: Report and Analysis" (PDF). US Fire Administration, DHS. 1993-02. Retrieved 2011-10-25. Check date values in:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1993 World Trade Center bombing.|
- Rewards for Justice World Trade Center Bombing page
- "1993: World Trade Center bomb terrorises New York", BBC: On This Day
- FBI – 1993 World Trade Center Bombing – Press Room FBI February 26, 2008
- Images from the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing
- WCBS 880 radio aircheck, February 26, 1993 at sorabji.com