2019 Dayton shooting
A mass shooting happened at a bar in Dayton, Ohio, United States, on August 4, 2019, at 1:05 a.m. Eastern Time. Ten people were killed, including the perpetrator, and at least 27 others were injured. The gunman was killed by police within 30 seconds of the first shots being fired.
|2019 Dayton shooting|
|Location||419 East 5th Street|
Dayton, Ohio, United States
|Date||August 4, 2019 |
1:05 a.m. (EDT (UTC−04:00))
|Mass shooting, mass murder|
|Weapons||.223-caliber Anderson Manufacturing AM-15 semi-automatic rifle w/ 100 round drum magazine |
|Deaths||10 (including the perpetrator)|
|Connor Stephen Betts|
- "Mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio -- live updates". www.cnn.com. August 4, 2019.
- "Police: Gunman's sister among 9 killed in Dayton mass shooting". WLWT 5. August 4, 2019. Retrieved August 4, 2019.
According to Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl, officers engaged the suspect within 20 seconds of hearing shots fired. Thirty seconds after the the gunman began shooting, he was shot and killed by first responders, Biehl said.
- "The Latest: Ohio shooter's sister among 9 victims". Associated Press. August 4, 2019. Retrieved August 4, 2019.
- Paul Farrell (August 4, 2019). "Megan Betts, Connor Betts' Sister, Found Dead With Boyfriend". Heavy.com. Retrieved August 4, 2019.
- Feldman, Kate (August 4, 2019). "Nine dead, at least 26 injured in Dayton, Ohio, after 24-year-old gunman in body armor opens fire". Daily News. Retrieved August 4, 2019.