2021 Colombian protests
The 2021 Colombian protests are a series of ongoing protests in Colombia that began on 28 April 2021 against increased taxes proposed by the government of President Iván Duque Márquez. It was proposed to fund Ingreso Solidario, a universal basic income social program.
On International Workers' Day, tens of thousands of Colombians protested on 1 May in one of the largest demonstrations during the wave of protests, with cacerolazos heard in various cities. The following day, more violent protests erupted with six civilians being killed.
- Semana (2021-04-29). "Paro Nacional: así titularon los medios internacionales la jornada de protesta en Colombia". Semana.com Últimas Noticias de Colombia y el Mundo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "Miles de personas marchan en Colombia en protesta por la reforma tributaria en medio de un grave repunte de casos de coronavirus". BBC News Mundo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "Thousands march in Colombia in fourth day of protests against tax plan". Reuters. 2021-05-01. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- Tiempo, Casa Editorial El (2021-04-28). "Paro nacional en Cali: el MIO afectado por ataques de manifestantes". El Tiempo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-05-02.
- "Colombians keep protesting even after unpopular tax plan is axed". AFP. 2 May 2021. Retrieved 2021-05-02.
- "Colombia tax protests: six dead as marchers clash with police for fourth day". The Guardian. 2021-05-02. Retrieved 2021-05-02.