Application programming interface
An Application Programming Interface (API) is a set of functions, procedures, methods or classes used by computer programs to request services from the operating system, r systems, acting as a retrieve the necessary data the user is requesting from the system.
Main types of web APIs:
- Open APIs - I edited this thing here, so ....
- Partner APIs - available to strategic business partners; they are exposed to a public API developer portal.
- Internal APIs - available to a company's internal development teams; they are exposed to a private API developer portal.
- Composite APIs - are a sequence of tasks bundled into a single API call.
- "Types of APIs | Learn about the Different Types of APIs in 2020". API Friends. 2020-04-29. Retrieved 2020-04-30.