A Real Basket Case
A Real Basket Case is a fictional mystery novel that was written by Beth Groundwater. It was published by Five Star Publishing on March 21, 2007. It was later re-published in large print in January 2008. The novel follows the story of Claire Hanover who sets out to find out who murdered her husband.
|Publisher||Five Star Publishing|
|March 21, 2007|
Even though Beth Groundwater won the Princess of Rejection prize from the Sisters in Crime Guppies Chapter for having the second most rejections for her writings in the winter of 2005, A Real Basket Case was put up for the Best First Novel Agatha Award in 2007.
The novel got good reviews in several large newspapers. Barbara Bibel from Booklist review said that, "This will appeal to Desperate Housewives fans and those who like cozies with a bit of spice." Kirkus Reviews called A Real Basket Case "A tense, exciting debut." Author J.B. Thompson praised the novel, but he also said the main character could have been written better.
- "A Real Basket Case". AuthorsDen, Inc. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- "A Real Basket Case (Large Print) (Wheeler Softcover)". Powells.com. 1994–2008. Retrieved 2008-10-19.CS1 maint: date format (link)
- "Beth Groundwater on tour for book 'A Real Basket Case (Five Star Mystery) (Five Star Mystery Series)'". Zvents. October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-18.
- "beth groundwater". ColoradoSprings.com. Archived from the original on 2008-04-06. Retrieved 2008-10-18.
- "Resume". Beth Groundwater. July 12, 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Bibel, Barbara (February 1, 2007). "Books". Booklist Review. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
- Thompson, J.B. (2007). "A REAL BASKET CASE". Spinetingler Magazine. Archived from the original on 2008-07-08. Retrieved 2008-10-19.