About a Girl (TV series)
About a Girl is a Canadian comedy television series, which was first shown on October 5, 2007 on The N in the United States, and Global in Canada. It is the first scripted comedy for The N. On February 25, 2008, actor Sandy Robson announced that the show was getting cancelled. The show ended with 13 episodes in one season.
|About a Girl|
|Created by||Adam Tobin|
|Opening theme||"Blue Kitchen" by Combine the Victorious|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Tim O'Donnell|
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Brightlight Pictures|
Student Body II Productions
|Distributor||Global Television Network|
|Original network||E! (Canada)|
The N (United States)
|Original release||October 5, 2007 –|
February 29, 2008
The series centers around Amy, a young college student who moves in an apartment off campus with four guys, when she finds out her dorm room is a uninhabitable sty. Her new roommates are wild, unpredictable, and...kind of hot.
- Amy - A major overachiever, Amy thought college would be just a walk in the park, but when she's forced to move in with four guys, instead of the mess they called a dorm, things get a little complicated for her.
- Jason - The hottie that Amy has a thing for. He's the loveable-commiment phobe. If he does not like how a relationship is going, he tries to "fizzle" things out. He's hot, he's super hot, and did we mention...he hot?
- Dude - Flaky and easy-going. What more can a dude ask for? Dude has many words to live by. He's full of advice for his roommates, even though they might not know what he's talking about. He's afraid of pelicans, because of their "big flapping beaks", and he does not like chiuahuas, because "they shake".
- McRitchie - Ever stereotypical, McRitchie is a manly stud. He's adventurous and does not think about the consequences of his actions.
- Benny - As the youngest, smartest, and neatest roommate, Benny kind of ignores the pigsty he lives in. He figures his little crush on Amy will never work out.
- Erin - As Amy's best friend, Erin is always there to give Amy the other point of view...usually the boy crazy, sorority-member point of view.
Season 1 Edit
|1||About a Pilot||October 5, 2007|
|2||About the Rules||October 12, 2007|
|3||About a Job||October 19, 2007|
|4||About a Flood||October 26, 2007|
|5||About a Break-Up||November 2, 2007|
|6||About a Visit||November 9, 2007|
|7||About a Dream||November 16, 2007|
|8||About a Prank||January 19, 2008|
|9||About an F Word||January 26, 2008|
|10||About an All-Nighter||February 9, 2008|
|11||About a Boot||February 16, 2008|
|12||About a Tent||February 22, 2008|
|13||About a Homecoming||February 29, 2008|