Airplane! is an American parody comedy movie made in 1980. It was written and directed by David Zucker, Jerry Zucker, and Jim Abrahams. It is a parody of the 1970 movie Airport as well as the 1957 movie Zero Hour!. It is was picked as the 6th most funny movie in Bravo's '100 Funniest Movies'. In 2007, people in the United Kingdom voted Airplane! was the second greatest comedy ever made. In 2010, Airplane! was added by the Library of Congress to the United States National Film Registry since it was important to the American culture and movie history.
|Produced by||Jon Davison|
|Edited by||Patrick Kennedy|
|Music by||Elmer Bernstein|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Box office||$171 million|
- "Airplane!". British Board of Film Classification. Archived from the original on March 16, 2021. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- "Airplane! (1980) - Financial Information". The Numbers. Archived from the original on June 20, 2014. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- "Bravo's 100 Funniest Movies of All Time". Bravo. December 31, 2013. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved April 28, 2020.
- "Life of Brian named best comedy". BBC News. Archived from the original on December 10, 2013. Retrieved January 18, 2014.
- "Hollywood Blockbusters, Independent Films and Shorts Selected for 2010 National Film Registry". Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. 20540 USA. Archived from the original on February 28, 2017. Retrieved 2020-05-18.