Alan LaVern Bean
March 15, 1932
Wheeler, Texas, U.S.
|Died||May 26, 2018 (aged 86)|
Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Alma mater||UT Austin, B.S. 1955|
|Occupation||Naval aviator, test pilot|
Time in space
|69d 15h 45min|
|Selection||1963 NASA Group 3|
Total EVA time
|10 hours 26 minutes|
|Missions||Apollo 12, Skylab 3|
He was the fourth person to walk on the Moon. He was selected to become an astronaut by NASA in 1963 as part of Astronaut Group 3. He made his first flight into space aboard Apollo 12, the second manned mission to land on the Moon, at the age of thirty-seven years in November 1969.
- Joachim Becker. "Alan Bean - EVA experience".
- "Family Release Regarding the Passing of Apollo, Skylab Astronaut Alan Bean". NASA. May 26, 2018. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
Media related to Alan Bean at Wikimedia Commons
- Alan Bean Online Gallery - An authorized gallery of all his paintings
- Bean's official NASA biography
- Astronautix biography of Alan Bean
- Spacefacts biography of Alan Bean
- Bean at International Space Hall of Fame
- Ocean of Storms with Alan Bean
- Alan Bean on IMDb
- Alan Bean at the National Aviation Hall of Fame
- Bean at Encyclopedia of Science
- Bean at Spaceacts
- Official publisher website for Homesteading Space