Alan Irwin Menken (born July 22, 1949) is an American musical theater, movie composer and pianist. He is best known for his scores for films produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. His scores for The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Pocahontas have each won him two Academy Awards. He also composed the scores for Little Shop of Horrors, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Newsies, Home on the Range, Enchanted, Tangled, The Shaggy Dog, Swan Lake, and Mirror Mirror.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alan Menken.|
- Internet Broadway database Listing
- Internet Off-Broadway database Listing
- MusicalTalk interview with Alan Menken
- Alan Menken on IMDb
- The Whole New World of Alan Menken
- Alan Menken: "Beauty and the Beast captures the magic of Disney animations and brings it to the stage" Alan Menken in Barcelona's Beauty and the Beast