Alice in Chains
Alice in Chains is an American rock band that formed in Seattle, Washington in 1987. They have sold an estimated 15 million albums in the US alone. Alice in Chains is sometimes thought of as a heavy metal band, but is mostly considered a grunge band.
Alice in Chains
|Also known as||Alice N' Chains|
|Genres||Heavy metal, hard rock, alternative metal, grunge, alternative rock|
|Years active||1987-2002, 2005-present|
|Labels||Columbia, Virgin Records/EMI|
|Past member(s)||Layne Staley|
The band's first lead singer, Layne Staley, became addicted to drugs. He often wrote about drug addiction in his lyrics. He died in Seattle in April 2002 after a fatal drug overdose. William DuVall took over as the lead singer in 2006.
- William DuVall - lead vocals, rhythm guitar (2006-present)
- Jerry Cantrell - lead & rhythm guitars, vocals (1987-2002, 2005-present)
- Mike Inez - bass, backing vocals (1993-2002, 2005-present)
- Sean Kinney - drums, percussion (1987-2002, 2005-present)
- Patrick Lachman - lead vocals (2005-2006)
- Scott Olson - acoustic guitar, bass (1996)
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (April 23, 2007), Hard Rock: Alice in Chains, retrieved July 18, 2007
- Alice in Chains info page[permanent dead link]
- Heckman, Candace (April 20, 2002). "Alice in Chains singer died of natural causes or overdose". seattlepi.com. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
- Heckman, Candance (May 7, 2002). "Staley's death was from mix of heroin and cocaine". seattlepi.com. Retrieved March 29, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alice in Chains.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Alice in Chains|