The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand.
Ancient Moirang, also known as Keke Moirang, was an ancient civilization that flourished in the southern plains of the present day Manipur, India. The Keke Kangla served as the capital city of the kingdom since time immemorial. The major body of accounts related to the history, literature, mythology of the kingdom are collectively called Moirang Kangleirol.
Contemporary periods change
Genealogy of ancient rulers change
The Moirang Ningthourol (genealogy of the ancient rulers) were calculated with reference to many ancient texts, including the Cheitharol Kumpapa.
Government and Economy change
Administration and Commerce change
The Iwang Puriklai (ruler of Moirang) was the absolute monarch of the kingdom. For a smooth and sound administration, the kingdom was divided into eight leikais (wards or sectors). Along with this division, there were also nine organized marketplaces. There were various institutions of the Phamnaiba Loishangs (Offices hold by Scholars), for smooth and proper conduct of the Thangjing Haraoba in the kingdom.
Related pages change
- Keke Moirang And Ngangoi Moirang and Ebuthou Thangjing Part 4
- History of Moirang Moirang and Ebuthou Thangjing Part 5
- Singh, Wahengbam Ibohal (1986). The History of Manipur: An early period. Manipur Commercial Company.
- Sarkar, S.K. (2003). Ethnic Composition and Crisis in South Asia. Global Vision Publishing House. p. 906. ISBN 978-81-87746-71-3.
- Sattar, Abdus (1971). In the Sylvan Shadows. Saquib Bros.
- Sanajaoba, Naorem (1988). Manipur, Past and Present: The Heritage and Ordeals of a Civilization. Mittal Publications. p. 10. ISBN 978-81-7099-853-2.
- Keke Kangla Moirang and Ebuthou Thangjing Part 3
- Contemporary Periods Of Moirang And Chinese Golden Ages Moirang and Ebuthou Thangjing Part 8
- Moirang Ningthourol Moirang and Ebuthou Thangjing Part 6
- Eight Leikais And Nine Market Places Moirang and Ebuthou Thangjing Part 7
- Institution Of Phamnaiba Loishang Moirang and Ebuthou Thangjing Part 14
- Ebuthou Thangjing Moirang Kangleirol Part 2
- Moirang and Ebuthou Thangjing Part 1