species of plant, apricot
Apricot is a drupe fruit. It is closely related to the plum.
- Plant: Small to medium-sized tree, 8 to 12 metres (26 to 39 ft) tall, with a trunk up to 40 cm in diameter with spreading, dense canopy; leaves are shaped somewhat like a heart, with pointed tips, about 8 cm (3 inches) wide.
- Flowers: Flowers are white to pinkish in color.
- Fruit: The fruit has only one seed; the color runs from yellow to orange and may have a red cast; the surface of the fruit is smooth and nearly hairless.
|Wikispecies has information on: Prunus armeniaca.|
- www.apricotseeds.org – includes information on medicinal uses of apricot seeds
- Apricot Kernel products – About Apricot Kernel
- Scintro fruit book – All about fruits