Artemis Fowl (novel)
This article needs to be updated.
Some of the main characters are:
- Domovoi Butler, usually known as Butler, Artemis' bodyguard and only friend
- Juliet Butler, Butler's little sister and in the first book Artemis' family's maid
- Angeline Fowl, Artemis' mother. She has gone crazy with grief because her husband is missing.
- Artemis Fowl I, a character who is not present during the book. He is Angeline's wife.
- Artemis Fowl ||, the main character in the book, also he is 12 years old and is a criminal mastermind.
- Holly Short, an elf who works for LEPrecon (a pun on leprechaun)
- Julius Root, an elf who is Holly's superior. He acts as a father figure. He is nicknamed Beetroot as he goes red or purple when he is angry.
- Foaly, a centaur and computer expert. He enjoys annoying Root, and often stands up for Holly when Root is cross with her.
- Mulch Diggums, a dwarf who steals nearly everything he can. He has lost his magic because he has entered a human dwelling.
- Briar Cudgeon, another elf who does not get on with Root.
Artemis kidnaps Holly to try and get gold from the fairies. He succeeds because she does not have any magic as she has used it all. The fairies then put a time stop on Artemis' manor, to control the time for eight hours so they can get Holly back. As the negotiations fail, the fairies attack, but Artemis and Butler beat the fairies. The fairies send in Mulch, who discovers the reason Artemis knows about the fairies. They then send in a troll, which very nearly kills Butler and severely injures Holly. Luckily, Holly has got her magic back, so she can heal them both. After the troll episode, the fairies finally decide to give Artemis the gold, planning to kill him later so they can take the gold back. Artemis however escapes the time stop. At the end of the book, Artemis has given half the gold back so Holly heals his mother Angeline, who was sick.
- "Artemis Fowl Official Site". Retrieved 2008-03-15.
- "Artemis Fowl Confidential :: Artemis Fowl (movie)". Artemis Fowl Confidential.