Battle of Polygon Wood
battle during the second phase of the Third Battle of Ypres in World War I
The Battle of Polygon Wood was a small battle that took place in World War I. It happened during the second part of the Battle of Passchendaele. Most of the battle was fought in an area named Polygon Wood, near Ypres, Belgium.
|Battle of Polygon Wood|
|Part of the Battle of Passchendaele|
Australian soldiers wearing gas masks
|Commanders and leaders|
|Herbert Plumer||Erich Ludendorff|
7 British divisions|
2 Australian divisions
|Casualties and losses|
|Australia: 5,770||Unknown, but many.|
- Bean p. 794
- Bean, Charles (1941). The AIF in France:1917, The Official History of Australia in the War of 1914–1918. 4. pp. 794–795.
- "Battle of Polygon Wood, 26-27 September 1917". History of War. Retrieved 2011-08-23.
- "Battle of Polygon Wood: 26 September 1917". www.polygonwood.com. Retrieved 2011-08-23.
- "Battle of Polygon Wood: 26 September 1917". Department of Veterans' Affairs. Retrieved 2011-08-23.
- Bean, Charles (1941). The Official History of Australia in the War of 1914–1918 (PDF). 4 (Eleventh ed.). Sydney: Angus and Robertson. pp. 791–832. Retrieved 2011-08-23.